St. Mary's News
There are plenty of things happening at St. Mary's School! Click on the links to the left for more information. The newsletter is published and emailed every week. Check your inbox for the most recent newsletter. If you are not receiving the newsletter, we must not have an updated email on file for you. Please update your email contact on your school account.
St. Mary’s School – St. Mary’s Message
June 7, 2019
“Remain in me, and I will remain in you. A branch cannot produce fruit alone but must remain in the vine.”
God wants to be as close to us as a branch is to aa vine. One is an extension of the other! The branch isn’t only connected at the moment of bearing fruit. The gardener doesn’t keep the branches in a box and then, on the day he wants grapes, glue them to the vine. No, the branch constantly draws nutrition from the vine… God didn’t come and go, appear and disappear. HE was a permanent present, always available. We are NEVER away from God!
Virtue of the Month: June (Responsibility)
Upcoming Events (Online Calendar)
June 10th - Grade 2 Art/Nature Walk
June 11th - Grade 6 Final Band Concert 7pm
Kindergarten Trip to Sobeys
June 12th - Tacky Tourist Theme Day
Kindergarten Trip to Sobeys
June 13th - Year End Mass at St James Church
June 14th - Grade 6 Math PAT Part A
June 18th - Grade 6 LA PAT Part B
Grade 1 Trip to Art Gallery
June 19th - Grade 6 Math PAT Part B
Grade 2 Trip to Okotoks Museum
June 20th - Grade 6 Social PAT
Kindergarten Trip to Kaben Farms, Grade 5 Trip to Movie Theatre
Grade 3 Trip to Telus Spark, Grade 2 Trip to Okotoks Museum
June 21st - Grade 1 Trip to Art Gallery. Grade 2 French Plays 9:55AM
June 24th - Grade 6 Science PAT
Grade 5 Trip to Wetlands
Kindergarten Celebration (Lemieux) 12:45pm
June 25th - Div 2 Track & Field (morning) Div 2 Talent Show (afternoon)
Kindergarten Celebration (Roper) 12:45pm
June 26th - Grade 5 Trip to Wetlands, Grade 6 Trip to Corn Maze, Gr.1 Art Gallery
Div 1 Fun Day (morning) Div 1 Talent Show (afternoon)
Kindergarten Celebration (Edwards) 12:45pm
June 27th - Kindergarten Celebration (Lemieux) 12:45pm
Last Day of School Dismissal 3:13pm
Save the Date – Welcome Back Open House
Make sure you keep Wednesday, August 28 2:00-4:00 on your calendar. The first day of classes is Thursday, August 29th.
Check out the latest news in CTR Catholic School Division…
School Playground Construction
- A friendly neighborhood notice that we will have some playground construction this summer.
- We will be constructing an accessibility pathway from the school to the playground on the South side of the school. As well we will be replacing the playground surfacing.
- We are looking forward to providing an inclusive playground area for all students and members of our community, no matter their physical abilities.
- Equipment and construction crews will be starting work in July and working to complete all work before we return for classes at the end of August.
- Thank you for your understanding, please call the school if you have questions 403-938-8048.
Parish & FAITH News
St. James Church (Okotoks) Mass Times - Saturday 5:30 PM; Sunday 7:30 AM; 11:00 AM; 5:30 PM
St. Michaels Church (Black Diamond) – Mass Times 9:00 AM Sunday
Visit https://stjamesparishokotoks.ca/ to see the Bulletin for more information about the many events to participate in!
PARENT COUNCIL News
All Parent Council News and Events are posted on our website.
Next Meeting – Wednesday, September 4th @ 6:30pm (babysitting available). Our Parent Council is busy working to create meaningful events for students and families. If you are interested in contributing, please contact us or attend a Council meeting – the first Wednesday of the Month!
>Welcome Back Parent Coffee Station (First Day of School)
>Family Coin Carnival and BBQ (September)
Did you know?
FRENCH PROGRAMMING AT ST. MARY’S SCHOOL
- Our school library has a section of French books available for student checkout.
- Our students sing O’ Canada in French once a week and regularly say Grace and other prayers in French.
- All of the St. Mary’s Christmas concerts include French songs and performances.